Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leyrret
    replied
    One thing I forgot to mention, you may find shims on the left side. I had to play with these to center axles in housing. You may want to check this but if you put the removed shims back in you should be okay.

Leave a comment:

• 59r2
    replied
    Thank you Dave And leyrret, that's what I needed to know.
    JOE

1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
    1960 conv R2 auto
    SDC member since 1972

Leave a comment:

• 59r2
    replied
    Thank you Dave And leyrret, that's what I needed to know.
    JOE

1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
    1960 conv R2 auto
    SDC member since 1972

Leave a comment:

• 64 Stude
    replied
    On the R.H. side is a adjuster. turn it one way and it takes the slack out and turn it the other way and it will get loose, also there is a clip there that you fold over to lock the adjuster into place. Ur going to be looking for 1-6 thousands of end play. Thats .oo1- .006 when checking besure to bump the axle in to make sure you get a accurate reading. If you need any more info let me know.

Leave a comment:

• leyrret
    replied
    Per the manual: tighten adjuster and remove all play, back out two castellations,(each castellation
    is approx. .005", tap other(left side) to put all bearing play on that side and check with dial indicator. adjust with ring to .001-.006".

Leave a comment:

• 59r2
    started a topic I need to reassemble 1966 dana flanged rear

I need to reassemble 1966 dana flanged rear

I am about to reassemble a 66 flanged rear . My question is ,How do I adjust the adjustable retainer ? My shop manual only goes to 64, Is there a site that has the method or can some explain?
    Thanks
    JOE

1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
    1960 conv R2 auto
    SDC member since 1972
Working...
X