No announcement yet.

Using "L" with a Flightomatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So can you put the Pan, Dipstick and Tube in your Car, or is it a RHD and won't Fit?

So you are installing a '63 Hawk Trans. in WHAT?
    I don't believe we EVER knew just what this "Car" is.
    What occurred to me is; it matters if this Car is RHD or LHD, none of the Shift Linkage interchanges, didn't they use Cables or something to Shift the RHD Cars?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

it's a 61 Hawk, Australian delivered with all correct linkages & cable, question is "did the 63 Gt's have under hood filler/dipsticks?"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
        Hello, can you select L on a Flightomatic when not stopped, say take off in 2nd & shift into L, then D? Regards, Cus
        I often do exactly that with the exception of putting my foot into it hard.
        1963 Studebaker GT Hawk R1 63V-33867
        1964 Studebaker Avanti R1 R-5364
        1970 Avanti II RQA-0385
        1981 Avanti II RQB-3304

Comment

Originally posted by 1inxs View Post
          I often do exactly that with the exception of putting my foot into it hard.
          Just do NOT do that below about 35 MPH, you do NOT want it to go into Low Gear instead of 2nd. when you shift to "L".
          And you NEED your foot "in it" SOME to continue accelerating.

The whole idea is to "Get Going", not to drive like a Grandma, if you want to "Putt" just leave it in Drive!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm finding selecting 1st gear ("L") in my 3.07 R/A has improved start with any upgrade...

Comment

Working...
            X