Metal Panel indentification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Metal Panel indentification

I have a weird question. Cleaning out my trunk of all the extra little parts and pieces that i have and was wondering if anybody would know what this panel is? I don't know if its even Studebaker related. I've scoured my manuals and literature but couldn't find anything that looked remotely similar. Thanks in advance...
    Attached Files

Is it the splash shield for the clutch and brake pedals?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

That's what i was thinking RadioRoy. Mounts on the frame under the starter.

Comment

Looks like the cover mounted on the seat frame over the Climatizer heater core on my '52.
        3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

That’s what I thought of immediately, the deflector over the under the seat heater on passenger side. That’s what my 50 Champ has.

Mark

Comment

I don't believe it is either of those; but I know I've had that piece in and out of at least one of the '51, '52 or '53s I've restored over the years, and I believe it goes under the car but my brain is in a fog, as that last project was fifteen years ago.

Hang on to it, Brad. Someone here will know where it goes and what purpose it serves. I am pretty certain it fits your '52.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Best pic I could find.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180720_172941.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1884760