No announcement yet.

Help with 63 Avanti Grounding Strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Help with 63 Avanti Grounding Strap?

I recall that the Avanti is supposed to have a braided grounding strap between the motor mount and the frame. I have mine (R-4557) up on a lift and there are no grounding straps or cables attached to the motor mounts.

If I look in the Chassis manual, it lists a part number529411x8, "Strap, Engine Ground", but the diagram doesn't show it or how/where its connected.

Where do I find the correct grounding strap and where are its connection points?

Thanks.

Probably just a Black Insulated 10 or 12 Ga. Wire from the Right Front Engine Block Mounting Bracket BOLT to a Screw in the Frame Engine Mount Bracket.

Look from the Top of the Engine, if it is no longer there, just Add one.

Is there an Electrical Issue with your Avanti?
    I can see how if the Component Grounds like Lights etc. to the Frame do not have a "Path" through the Engine Block back to the Battery, there WOULD be problems!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-10-2021, 02:22 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yep, just a black wire on the passenger motor mount front bolt, to a flanged bolt on the motor mount bracket on the frame.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

R1092 had a braided strap for ground. I don't know if it was original or not, it was how I got it. The main thing is that you need that ground, especially on an Avanti
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Don't overlook the main ground from the main harness is grounded to the drivers side ignition shield bracket by the throttle linkage on top.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X