Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Webb
    replied
    The red I remember for the 65's was almost an orange color, not very red at all. I had some mixed for me in the 80's before California started messing with paint. I hope in the next couple weeks to have all my chips & Stude info at the new house, so I can be a bit more sure of my posts.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Just speculating as I haven't seen the photo you refer to,
    Dwain, it's the picture I posted 6 posts back! It's the magazine page scan. Here it is again:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    Just speculating as I haven't seen the photo you refer to, but any Stude that looks that good has most likely been repainted. If this is a repaint, then it might be a non-Stude color, or a Stude color from another model year. Mount Royal Red is a shade darker, but it's 1966 color.

[img][/img]

[img][img]
    Dwain G.

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Wonder if anybody thought any more about this and had any idea if that is in fact a Stude color...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Swifster

I may be wrong, but the wagon and Cruiser appear to be the same color. Shadowing in a photograph as well as age can check the color a bit.
    No, they're clearly very different. Monitors can differ, which probably explains your viewpoint. The scan is from the Feb. 06 issue, and is in excellent condition with no fade or discoloring. When I look at the original next to an actual picture of Bordeaux there's a big difference. As I said it's a cinnamon color.

It may not be original for a 65, but it sure appears to be a perfect original or resto. The article identifies the owner as Brian Stouck. Anyone know him or the color?

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Just a non stock darker repaint?

Leave a comment:

• JLasvegas
    replied
    The wagonaire to me appears to have a brown hue to the red almost oxblood

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
    259cid flight o matic

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I may be wrong, but the wagon and Cruiser appear to be the same color. Shadowing in a photograph as well as age can check the color a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    OK, try this:

Closest description I can think of is Cinnamon. Anyone recognize it?

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• 55s
    replied
    I've only seen one 1966 car with a colour the owner called "Plum". He advised me that it was a "proposed" 1967 colour, but then again he also advised me that his car was the last one built. I haven't seen it for 25 years.

I'm afraid I don't have the colour chips for 1966, and I haven't got a picture of the car to post.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    No, it looks darker than Bordeaux. Maybe I'll try my new scanner tonight if no one knows it.

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Bob - I assume you mean this colour?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Bordeaux Red, perhaps?

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Someone will know, wish I could help...ebay had a 64-65 combined chart, but didn't show any chips. Not sure if it was a 64 color, too. I remember my neighbor's brand new 1964 Avanti in that color. Really sharp with black interior. Here's a chance for you to always know that year's colors, Bob:

http://www.autolit.com/Store/product...5&cat=0&page=1

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    started a topic What's that color?

What's that color?

I was looking at a Wagonaire article in Collectible Auto from 06. There was a picture of a 65 that was a dark red, almost maroon; I really like that color! I don't have chips for 65, and Autocolorlibrary.com only goes to 64.

Anyone know if that's a correct Stude color, and if so what is it?

Parish, central NY 13131

Working...
X