My mind can't fathom this today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Really??? A "Performance" 3/4 Race Street Cam, re-grind for an OHV SIX? That must be really OLD!

Yes the Cam Grinders usually knew what to set the Valve Clearance at, usually quite a bit tighter than a Stock Factory Cam setting.

FYI, the Stock adjustment is .023 to .025 Cold on Both or .025 to .027 Hot, the same as a V8.
    **** StudeRich, all of our engines are old! Now WTF do I use to check valve timing? I used to ignore you, but now understand why others think you are an ass.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

Just answering YOUR Post #14 question Ron, that's all. You already found the Cam Timing Info and wrong Valve adjustment, so now who's the idiot?

About "Old" Racing Cams, I doubt anyone has ground more than one for a OHV Six in the last 40 or 50 Years, IF EVER, so not a surprise there either.
      I have helped you multiple times before as I did here, but no longer I can ignore you too if you don't want to hear the truth.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Comp Cams ground a "Performance Cam" for my 170 OHV 6 22 years ago. you just have to talk nice to the tech guys and explain you have a .904 lifter dia. same process for V8 cams, the .270 degree . 468 lift is a favorite over the old 270/440 i used to favor. use the cam card specs iirc mopar cam keys fit. manual shows how to check valve timing,plus you get to use the often ignored marks on the front hub! Luck Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by doofus View Post
          Comp Cams ground a "Performance Cam" for my 170 OHV 6 22 years ago. you just have to talk nice to the tech guys and explain you have a .904 lifter dia. same process for V8 cams, the .270 degree . 468 lift is a favorite over the old 270/440 i used to favor. use the cam card specs iirc mopar cam keys fit. manual shows how to check valve timing,plus you get to use the often ignored marks on the front hub! Luck Doofus
          Thanks Doofus. You answered my question which was NOT answered by another post.
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Just answering YOUR Post #14 question Ron, that's all. You already found the Cam Timing Info and wrong Valve adjustment, so now who's the idiot?

About "Old" Racing Cams, I doubt anyone has ground more than one for a OHV Six in the last 40 or 50 Years, IF EVER, so not a surprise there either.
            I have helped you multiple times before as I did here, but no longer I can ignore you too if you don't want to hear the truth.
            Yes you have in the past. Thank you. Ted Harbit had the cam ground in 2005. And you did not answer the question, just responded in a sarcastic manner that "it's really old!" ALL of our stuff is REALLY old, and you did not answer my question.
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
            X