Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cus63
    replied
    Thanks Doofus, I think I have it figured out, after reading some previous posts, with the drive back out of the transmission & the drive cog & shaft removed from the bullet holder, fit the cable to the back of the gauge, then push the drive back into the bullet connector, give it a few turns to make sure the gauge needle flicks, then push back into the extension housing, making sure it locks into the receiving drive. Is all working now, fingers crossed. Regards Cus

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    I had a similar problem with my '62 Daytona 4 speed cable. wound up adding a 1/4 in piece off an old cable,the square end to push the cable a bit deeper into the speedo. been working 5 years now. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• Cus63
    started a topic Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Flightomatic speedo cable

Flightomatic speedo cable

hello, I’m having some trouble with my speedo cable . Trans is a flightomatic, I spent quite a bit of time getting the cable to spin, the gauge works fine, bit it’s the locating of the drive in the trans. If the drive is pushed into the bullet holder & I insert it into the trans, it seems to pull up short, I messed around bringing the drive forward on the bullet holder & pushing into the trans, & managed to get everything working for a few runs around the block, then it dropped out again, could someone please outline the correct cable application. Regards, Cus
Working...
X