Connecting gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Connecting gauges

In the passenger car manual 1959-64 in section V, body general, insutrment board page 6C, installation, it states right terminal/left terminal for ammeter and fuel. Is left/right determined looking at the face of the gauge cluster or at the back?
    Thank you
    Warren

L and R are always defined as sitting in the driver's seat. So it's the front of the gauge.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

On the back of the ammeter gauge there might be + and - symbols indicating polarity. Also check your wiring diagram for gauge and color of the connecting wires. Hope this helps.
      Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

There are no markings on the back of the gauges. All the wires conform with the wiring diagram but since I've changed the gauge from 62 to 64, I now have an ammeter and my old gas gauge didn't work so that was no help. Hopefully those writing the manual were sitting in the driver's seat when they wrote the book.
        Thanks
        Warren

Comment

So this is a '64 Lark Type Gauge Cluster in a '62 Lark?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, with an alternator. I don't like idiot lights and mapping the 62 and 64 wiring diagrams, it was pretty easy to rewire. Just don't know which post is which.
            Warren

Comment

Gas, oil and temp are all working now. The alternator was off another project, I am going to get it checked out.
              Thanks
              Warren

Comment

Working...
              X