KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

3M ADHESIVE REMOVER.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

But will that creep under and soften what I want to stay there[?]
      BTW: I have the product (#8984) even though it can no longer be sold in parts of California.[:0] Got an inside source.

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Comment

Kurt

I think you will need to use the 3M remover that JDP suggested. What I would do is to remove any flash you can pull up with your fingers by cutting it with a razor blade. Then use a soft cloth soaked with the solvent and rub the adhesive till it's gone. Use lots of fresh cloth.

Next time, Might I suggest black.

Lord knows I've been here before, good luck.

Bob [^]

Comment

too

much

adhesive

Been there!

Good luck. You're gonna need the solvent and about 25 fresh terry cloth rags and the better part of the afternoon to clean that up.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

too

much

adhesive

Been there!
            Me too.

Also, I've found that using the black adhesive doesn't show quite as bad on a dark car.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

next time move the tape in a little on each side. The rubber should overlap the tape a little. Then a little less glue and when you peel the tape off the edge will be under the rubber. I have used the 3M adhesuve remover and never had a problem using to much. Worst case you would have to re glue a little section. Good Luck. I found black is the best choice for sloppy people like me.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
              Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Actually I did set the tape narrower than the rubber. I did use too much glue. After it set up, (and before placing the rubber) I pulled one side of the tape up, trying to slice the stretching glue as I went. Nicked the paint several times with my razor blade.
                Saw the black adhesive at the store when I bought the 3M product. Almost bought the black, but it wasn't 3M, which I trust. Boy, that would have been easier! I think it was Loctite or Permatex--which I do trust in other products![^]

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Comment

Working...
                X