1953 gauge diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 1953 gauge diameter

Can someone tell me the gauge face diameter in a 1953. My entire cluster is missing.

Champion and commander have different clusters ?? Commander has a 4 pod cluster ? You wanting to put in after market gauges ? You still will need the basic cluster.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Charles!

There are Two Gauges in each "Pod" there are no actual Round individual Gauges.
      Here is a '53 Commander:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blue White C4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	1880367

I actually Prefer this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	57 Blue and Wht.5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	1880368 A '56 to '61 Hawk Complete Dash is a "Bolt In".
      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-13-2021, 05:00 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

If it's gonna be modified, I actually prefer this ;

In process:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	1880442

Of course you can see the fuel gauge in middle and here is closer up on one of the larger gauges in the pods.

Name:	IMG_1210.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1880443

Here's the speedo

Name:	IMG_1187.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1880444

and a overall shot

Name:	IMG_0737.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1880445

I'll go outside and get the measurement you actually asked for a little later and post

Comment

I have a Hawk dash in my 53 Champion only because I had it (actually three of them)

I like the modified Commander Dash, nice job, I like the steering wheel also.
          More info about the wheel would be appreciated

Comment

Several decades ago, I made a 1/8" aluminum plate which replaced the stock gauges in our '53 Champion. I then mounted one standard 3 3/8" and four standard 2 1/16" Stewart Warner gauges in the plate behind the stock glass.

Here is what the stock Champion panel looks like. Next time I'm around the '53 (it's at my dads house) I'll take a pic of our modified panel.

Name:	Vintage-Studebaker-Dash-Cluster-Gauges-Instrument-Panel-Speedometer.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1880553
            Last edited by bensherb; 02-14-2021, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I’m a long time owner/SDC member but have not posted much here. What I had in mind was trying to fit 3 3 3/8 gauges in a champion panel by removing the horizontal bars. I have three autometer gauges (tach, speedo, and a 4 way combo gauge)

Comment

Working...
              X