Rear Fender removal-48 Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fender removal-48 Champion?

I want to replace the fender welting and I am looking for any advise! I have the rear interior panel off but there is a solid metal panel behind it, so I can't get to the inside of the fender bolts near the front. I don't want to cut the inner panel unless I have to! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!![8]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Did you pull the rear window and regulator ? On most 2 door Studebakers you need to do that to access the bolts.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

No need to remove the rear window or panel, the bolts can all be removed from the underside of the car. Remove the baffle/ dust cover and you should be able to get to the bolts. This applies to all 47-52 2 door cars, not sure about the convertibles.

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk
        1964 Convertable
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1950 Commander Starlight

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks everybody for the info! I started yesterday afternoon to remove the left rear fender. Only one bolt broke off on the inner front panel and it will be an easy to get to repair. BTW I got my wife a digital camera for Christmas so maybe I'll be able to post some pictures in the near future! Again Thanks!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Working...
          X