No announcement yet.

For those thinking about putting a two chamber master in their Stude Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: For those thinking about putting a two chamber master in their Stude Avanti

So I am an anal type of guy and like things to look just so:-) Now when you decide to put the master in consider the following:
    In over ninety % of the time you will have to purchase adapters for the brake line to master inputs. Now would it not be better to obtain the correct nut that will attach to the master without those nut adapters? When I installed the master obtained from Jon Myer for my Avanti I wanted a clean looking part, as if it came from the factory that way.
    I contacted FEDHILL Brake Lines and ordered the following:
    1. 3/16 x 1/2x20unf male with lead .755 overall..MoPar SAE flare
    1. 3/16 tube x9/16x20 TPI male with lead .750 overall..MoPar SAE flare.-

Looks totally original and beautiful!

FEDHILL
    195 Federal Hill Road
    Oxford, Mass 01540
    508-987-2660

You can also get the adapter to convert from 4 mounting boss studs to two, and pick any good modern master cylinder .
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      You can also get the adapter to convert from 4 mounting boss studs to two, and pick any good modern master cylinder .
      Brad why "re-invent" the wheel??? The master Myer sells is perfect, what more does one actually need?? He even drills a hole for the attachment of the brake light switch;-)

Comment

Sam, you gonna show us a picture, or just talk about it? Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
          Sam, you gonna show us a picture, or just talk about it? Dan
          Dan show you what?

Comment

Well, for one thing not everyone thinks adding a 15lb weight on the front end is a good thing. Or, you can get rid of the booster all together, and use something else. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160221_142259175.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1877493
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Brad, while I applaud your skill I like to keep the car as close to original as possible, when money is no object one can do many things, but for those of us on fixed incomes certain realities have to be faced. Your cars always fascinate me;-)

Comment

Sam, the master cylinder installation you discussed when you created this thread. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
                  Sam, the master cylinder installation you discussed when you created this thread. Dan
                  Dan I do not have a picture just now, the car is stored for the winter, usually comes out end of April. The master that I purchased from Jon Myer has the same four nut flange like the MoPar and AMC Masters...........it bolts to the Bendix booster perfectly. The only thing different than the Mopar and AMC versions is that Jon drills a hole on the front for the stop light switch. And oh yes, the brake lines come out(face) toward the engine and not the fender.
                  Last edited by Hawklover; 01-29-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Observed this Avanti's engine compartment at the 2013 Int'l Event in Colo Spgs. High mounted MC.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3178.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1877808

Comment

LOL.............high dollar ride for sure:-)

Comment

Ref ; post # 10

I can not tell from the photo.....is that a GM engine under all that shiny ?

Comment

Working...
                        X