Ranco repair kit (HTR-100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Ranco repair kit (HTR-100)

Either my hose(s) started leaking, or my under dash heater valve (1962 Lark) has lost it's seal. Does anybody know of a current supply source (NAPA says no number) for this unit ?? I'll end up doing hoses, the valve, & blower motor while at it. I just did this a few years ago thru napa....

NAPA couldn't find that number, because it's not the correct number. Have them check 660-1000. Here is a link to NAPA Online, for this seal: https://www.napaonline.com/en/search...=semantic&se=1
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

thanks for that # ...... installed it yesterday and down the highway this AM and no problems. Now, up to Maine for a few days in single digit degrees......BTW - I have snow tires out back that will (would) accept studs. Is it true the studs must be installed before any mileage ???

Comment

Glad it worked out for you Jack.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
          thanks for that # ...... installed it yesterday and down the highway this AM and no problems. Now, up to Maine for a few days in single digit degrees......BTW - I have snow tires out back that will (would) accept studs. Is it true the studs must be installed before any mileage ???
          Studs should be installed on new tires. This is so the studs do not protrude too far and possibly bend over or lever themselves out of the tire. The studs and tires are supposed to wear down at the same rate. Debris gets into the stud holes in the tires if the tires are used. It is difficult to clean the holes out well enough to mount the studs. I used to install studs with a hand tool.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X