Number Stamped on 6 Cyl Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Number Stamped on 6 Cyl Champion

I found a number stamped on the engine block on the drivers side just back from the motor mount and just above the oil pan. It is 524807-3. Is this a part number or something else? Thanks.

Hi, here's link that may help: STUDEBAKER 6 CYLINDER ENGINE NUMBERS
    http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tech_6data.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Omaha View Post
      Hi, here's link that may help: STUDEBAKER 6 CYLINDER ENGINE NUMBERS
      http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tech_6data.asp
      Thanks but that is not my engine number, which is located at the top end of the block above the generator. I believe the number I gave above is a casting number but I don't know if they have any significance and can be read. I couldn't find any info on Stude engine casting numbers. Thanks.

Comment

Your Engine SERIAL Number STAMPED into the Block is what identifies the Year and Size, it is just below the Cylinder Head, Left Side , near the Top of the Block, I think you found it. Those numbers are listed in Engine I.D. on this Website.

The Casting Number you Posted is of very little help, it is not Stamped into the Iron, it is RAISED in the Casting and Does NOT Change on each Engine until a new Mold is made for a different Design Change.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          The Casting Number you Posted is of very little help, it is not Stamped into the Iron, it is RAISED in the Casting and Does NOT Change on each Engine until a new Mold is made for a different Design Change.
          Thanks. That is what I was after. So it really means nothing since the number is not specific to the engine.

Comment

You are not alone, Dozens of people here have wanted to believe a RAISED Number clearly PART of the Casting, which would HAVE to be the same on all of them, so I never could understand why people think it matters.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-11-2021, 12:03 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, it's the engine block casting number, used from about 1950 to '54.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6cylengno.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1874514
              So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Working...
              X