No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump for '61 Hawk 259?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a great Studebaker parts vendor in NZ. George Paniflow. Nice and helpful guy
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I pulled mine off this weekend to rebuild with a kit from SI but quickly determined they sent the wrong kit. I didn't realize until I had it off and broke down that it's a Carter M2211 pump and it has Made in Canada stamped on it. Is that an OEM Carter or an Airtex? It does have the wallowing actuator lever pin issue so that's probably why it's leaking oil. I need the correct rebuild kit if anyone can point me to one. Thanks.

Comment

Can the arms be switched?

Comment

Yes it apparently can.
          Attached Files

Comment

Any Fuel pump with the Laminated Steel Plates Type of Actuator Lever is NOT a Real Carter, just an Airtex in disguise.
            Maybe SOLD as a Carter, but not made by Carter before the Federal Mogul buyout.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I’ve got an older Carter fuel pump with the filter in the bottom of the pump in a glass bowl. It’s a rebuilt from Dave Thiebault but still leaks oil? I sent it back and he checked everything and said it’s fine but still leaks oil.... any suggestions?... Thx
              57 GH 289

Comment

Originally posted by vmania View Post
                I’ve got an older Carter fuel pump with the filter in the bottom of the pump in a glass bowl. It’s a rebuilt from Dave Thiebault but still leaks oil? I sent it back and he checked everything and said it’s fine but still leaks oil.... any suggestions?... Thx
                57 GH 289
                You need to find out Exactly WHERE the Oil comes from.
                Sometimes a Timing Cover Seal Leak can mimic a Fuel Pump Leak due to Fan Air Flow, and if it is not there, where on the Fuel Pump is it?
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Will do, Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X