Bellhousing id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Bellhousing id

Looking to ID some bellhousings found in the garage. Maybe someone can use them.
    1) 536288 with 4" diameter opening
    2)526432-4 with a 4" diameter opening
    3)675023 1 with a 4 5/8 " diameter opening
    #3 may not be correct as the 0 has rust around it.
    Thanks
    Rob in PA.
    Last edited by stude1964; 12-14-2020, 06:20 AM.

We would need a Dup. of one of those that we knew what it was from or the Blueprint of the Part Number that we do not know from the Museum to determine the Actual PART Number and Application from those numbers since those are likely only Casting Numbers.

The dash numbers are just the Foundry Shift # or Mold #.

The first Two are quite Early, before 1951 so likely 6 Cyl.
    The last is a Truck. Are the Starters all on the Left Side?

Good Pics of the Mounting surface (bolt pattern) may help narrow it down more than I can from what info we have.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2020, 04:43 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes StudeRich each bellhousing has starter on left. Yes I figured early 6 cyl. but are they Champ or Commander. I think the truck bell is for the Commander engine but not positive. Yes these are the casting numbers on the housings.
      Thanks
      Rob in PA.

Comment

Are all the bell housing openings the same diameter, or are some smaller?

That would differentiate between Commander six and Champion six.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

And don't forget the differences on Champion engines after 1955 , Ed

Comment

Some pictures would help a lot. Are you sure your 526288 isn't 536288?
            AL SORAN RACING

Comment

Having a difficult time posting pics at present. Yes Dwain I typed the wrong number from my note. I updated the info in my original post. I hope this can help figuring the applications.
              Thanks!
              Rob in PA.

Comment

536288 is a V8 bellhousing originally from a '55 259, part number 536301. I was looking for one recently and found it elsewhere. For my application this BH will enable me to install a '64 259 into my '52 Commander, using the original rear engine mount, overdrive transmission and the larger, later clutch assembly.
                3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Generally the casting number is a few numbers below the part number but sometimes an item with casting number is machined into two or more part numbers but seldom.

Comment

Working...
                  X