No announcement yet.

Brand New Two Barrel for 259 intake ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Brand New Two Barrel for 259 intake ???

I saw a post from 2006 by Jack Vines about a "CHICOM Rochester 2BBL " Has anyone installed one of these on a 259 ????Joe in Tampa

I have installed the Original USA Rochester 2 Brl. on a 259 and it ran Fine with small issues like Choke Heater tube fit etc. not sure about how I handled the Air Cleaner fit issue, maybe a different year Stude. Air Cleaner worked.

They do run a bit stronger, so I would not expect the MPG to be as High as a Stromberg.

The PCV Vacuum Tube might be an issue depending on what Year and "State from" your Crankcase Breather System is, or it's current "Smog" modification or not.

I can't say how well the Chinese built the copies, they shouldn't be much different.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2020, 04:22 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

so the carb Jack was taking about was made in CHI-NUH???????

Comment

Holley makes this fuel injection system. Says it fits a BBD manifold flange. I have no personal experience with these, just putting it out there as another option. Also not familiar with the BBD style flange, so can't say that it would bolt on without modification. You would have to do much more homework. Holley Sniper EFI 550-860K Holley Sniper EFI BBD Master Kit for Jeep CJ - Classic Gold

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
          Holley makes this fuel injection system. Says it fits a BBD manifold flange. I have no personal experience with these, just putting it out there as another option. Also not familiar with the BBD style flange, so can't say that it would bolt on without modification. You would have to do much more homework. Holley Sniper EFI 550-860K Holley Sniper EFI BBD Master Kit for Jeep CJ - Classic Gold
          That would be a good CASO gift; I just received a promo e-mail from Holley offering the 2-bbl kit on special today only for $999.95.

https://www.holley.com/holleydays/?u...25974028163585

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Yep, they come with a Free Dose of Covid 19!
            StudeRich

Comment

If they weren't quite so spendy it would be fun to hook one up and try it out. Jack, are you familiar with the BBD manifold flange. It looks like a close fit, but has no specs on the hole spacing. Also noticed it has a clamp on O2 sensor bung, I would do a weld on.

Comment

I was checking out the Holley Sniper EFI kit. It looks cool. They also have a 2300 and 2GC two barrel kit. Wouldn't the 2GC be a direct bolt on?
                https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...gc_small_bore/

Comment

Yes, THAT 2GC looks even better!

If you click on the Sniper EFI 2GC Part Number 550-866 or one of the other Colors and view the Pics, there is a Dimensioned drawing of the Bolt Pattern and Base Size, and I am pretty sure that is Studebaker and Early Chev. V8 2 Barrel.
                  StudeRich

Comment

Back in day when a guy with little or no money needing a slight increase in air flow on a 2bbl carb he would get a Buick 401 Pontiac 389 or Olds 394 2bbl which were common back then rated at almost 500 cfm

Comment

acolds, that brings back old 'stone stock' dirt track track rules (?) at our fair ground summer racing season. almost no mods, except for a roll bar, 5 gal marine fuel tank and the wheel rims painted white ( so we could find them in the dark when they flew off ). One thing some of us did get way with was the BIGGER 2 bbl trick. The inspector did wonder why we ran an air cleaner ( to hide the big-hogged out GM 2 bbl carb ). Fun days, thanks for the memories. ; > ) Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089

Comment

I hope that any of you folks who own or want to use the Holley Sniper Fuel System do not plan on driving your Studebaker every day of the week . We have encountered 8 failures in the last two years here in Tampa , and a number of them that Holley could not make run under any circumstances . Right out of the box and installed by techs who had brains and experience . If you gave me a Sniper , I would sell it on Craigslist ,,,, oops , I already did that last year!!

Comment

But hey , who wants a car that you can start ? a car that you can rely on ? or pray tell a car that you could fix with regular skills and hand tools ? Good luck !!!

Comment

There is a whole world of 'claimer' racers where a 2bbl carb is mandated.
                            There are 650 cfm Rochester 2GC's built for this genre.
                            If you look outside the Stude world, there is a whole other world out there....
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                            X