Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: 1961 lark 259 ignition parts

Hello All
    trying to get my Lark 259 ci going anyone have any current part no. For conventional , points condenser and rotor button
    thanks
    herb

Why not just order from one of our vendors? Studebaker Int'l, Stephen Allen's, and others should have the proper parts.

Comment

You will do yourself a big favor if you order the chassis parts catalog and the body parts catalog. They show almost every part, where it goes, how it interacts with other parts, the "official" name of that part and the part number.

We in Studebaker land are very lucky to have such great parts catalogs.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Just thought Napa Auto parts might carry them, wanted to try and get it running this week , if no luck at Napa tomorrow I will contact Steve, also if the engine runs good may change it to electronic ignition, comments welcome

Comment

Just tell them it is a 1960 Chev. 283 V8, IF you can see that it STILL has the Original Delco Window Distributor with the little Tin Door to adjust the Points with a Allan Wrench.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

NAPA used to look up parts using the distributor part number.

Comment

Doesn’t have the Delco dist, think it may have a prestolite , it has a small set of points not the ones you can use an Allan wrench to adjust

Comment

OK, that leaves a single point Prestolite from a '62 to '64 Stude. or an Early Delco from a '51 to '59 V8.

The ROTOR Shape is always the easiest way to I.D. these Three Types.
                The Prestolite uses a very Flat Dog Bone Shaped Rotor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Early Delco.JPG Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1870140 Click image for larger version  Name:	Early Delco2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	1870151
                This is the Early Delco Rotor.

For you "Perfectionists" that will say I missed one:
                Of course I am ignoring the super rare possibility of a Prestolite Dual Point Avanti/Jet Thrust R1 or R2 Dist. because that would have been Obvious by now.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2020, 05:16 PM.
                StudeRich

Comment

Maybe this will help.

https://northstarstudebakers.com/wp-...nterchange.pdf
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

That Chart is good for "some" Parts Brad, not so much Ignition. Unfortunately not all Stores sell "Standard".

Looks like someone did not research the easiest to find Part Numbers for Ignition Parts on that chart.

I see nothing for "NAPA" Brand, and few on their Brand "Echlin".

Either way the Distributor still needs to be identified.
                    StudeRich

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ,my rotor looks some what like this

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                        Thanks for the info guys ,my rotor looks some what like this
                        ‘62 - ‘64 Prestolite without question.

Comment

Got all my ignition parts at Napa , yahoo, it may be running by tomorrow !

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                            Got all my ignition parts at Napa , yahoo, it may be running by tomorrow !
                            I haven't bought any ignition parts at NAPA lately. Do the boxes state the country of origin?

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              That Chart is good for "some" Parts Brad, not so much Ignition. Unfortunately not all Stores sell "Standard".
                              Looks like someone did not research the easiest to find Part Numbers for Ignition Parts on that chart.
                              I see nothing for "NAPA" Brand, and few on their Brand "Echlin".
                              Either way the Distributor still needs to be identified.
                              Mr. Nagel spent a bit of time putting together the spreadsheet when he was active in the Studebaker hobby, but it's been over ten years since he moved on to other endeavors.
                              It would be nice if someone could pick up where he left off and fill in more of the blanks.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10,
                              '51 Commander Starlight,
                              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X