Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thermostat from rock auto is too small and so is autozone 289 full flow swap to a 60V lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had to make gaskets, it's in and it's heating up to 180, that for the help guys
    Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0013.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1870155Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0006.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1870156Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0007.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1870157Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0003.JPG
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1870158

Comment

Glad it worked out. Your heater should work better now also.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
        Glad it worked out. Your heater should work better now also.
        yes i drove it and it warms nicely!

Comment

OH MY GOSH! WHAT is that thing in Pic #4! The "Stat" next to your Thermostat Housing, it must be for some other make?

For next time just so you know, the Stat gets Sealant & goes into the Stat. Housing in the groove First, then the Gasket over it, THEN on the Manifold, that seals the Stat from leaking internally and prevents getting it off center. That is what the Recess is for in the housing.

Ignore this if you got that, I can't tell from only the Pics how you proceeded. Picture 1 looks like you put it in the Manifold.
          It will probably be just Fine.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            OH MY GOSH! WHAT is that thing in Pic #4! The "Stat" next to your Thermostat Housing, it must be for some other make?

For next time just so you know, the Stat gets Sealant & goes into the Stat. Housing in the groove First, then the Gasket over it, THEN on the Manifold, that seals the Stat from leaking internally and prevents getting it off center. That is what the Recess is for in the housing.

Ignore this if you got that, I can't tell from only the Pics how you proceeded. Picture 1 looks like you put it in the Manifold.
            It will probably be just Fine.
            you have a good eye Rich, the "mgr" at autozone went to the 'wall" in the back with me and took every stat out of the box and i said let me try this one, i put it in but i felt it would impede flow to the head, with it being so bulky so i took it out

i had it reversed, the manifold was filled with coolant and i didn't want my paper to get soaked so i blocked the water with the stat, gooped it up and paper after, and gooped the housing and dropped that on top,

i hope i centered it, i cut the papers round too small , so it actually presses against the stat on it's circumference, didn't want to trim and trim and trim

so if it's off centered the paper with goop with stop internal bleeding.....i screwed up whatever lol
            Last edited by mw2013; 12-13-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

it seems like it self centers, it the hole in the paper was bigger the thickness of it might allow the stat to center over time?

looks like someone put in some helicoil repairs nice job Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0009.JPG
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1870176Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0011.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1870177Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0010.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1870178

Comment

Could be Worse...... Wait till the NEXT OWNER gets my '73 nova with 02 Firebird Brake conversion...... LMAO

Comment

Working...
                X