Original flooring material for 50 Champion Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Original flooring material for 50 Champion Deluxe

Hi, Am I correct that the 9G-F3 1950 Studebaker Champion Deluxe series factory interior floor was a rubber mat, and only the Regal Deluxe series offered either gray or tan carpet as an option? Thanks

Originally posted by Studebaker Omaha View Post
    Hi, Am I correct that the 9G-F3 1950 Studebaker Champion Deluxe series factory interior floor was a rubber mat, and only the Regal Deluxe series offered either gray or tan carpet as an option? Thanks
    No, you are not correct. Some models came with a rubber mat and some came standard with carpet (not an option).
    I do not have 1950 literature here to look it up. I would use Fred K. Fox's Feature Article on 1950s in "Turning Wheels" for answers to questions of this nature.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe that that is probably correct. Why do you ask?

Comment

I pulled up the old tan Studebaker carpet last weekend, and was wondering what material to replace it with.

Comment

Cut pile carpet. Not loop pile and not plush/shag.

There should be some parts under the seats that show the original/unfaded color and texture.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Thanks, I'll post some pics next week

Comment

You should be able to get some archival help by using the "search" box. A quick comment regarding the color and texture, which is close the what has been available as wool hog's hair. It's expensive, if you can even find it today. I know that there is a resistance to doing the research necessary, and paying the price, within the Studebaker family. For those willing to make the sacrifice for originality, the best place to start would be SMS in Canby Oregon.

Comment

Lee, my early 1950 Champion Deluxe originally came with a rubber mat in the front seat area and a carpet in the back seat area. Later, I found a NOS front carpet and installed it. I remember it was originally meant for the Regal model, not my Deluxe. Dan
                Last edited by ivorydan; 11-27-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X