• Show
Clear All

• NCDave51
    replied
    Okey doke.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    That is correct, Post #1, 2, 3 & 5 are talking about the same thing; less than 1/4 Inch Cork rectangular Gasket pieces that go on each side of the V8 rear Main Cap and are part of (or SHOULD BE) the V8 Main Seal Kit.

You in Post #4 are not, so I was not responding to you. OK, that said, all good! Different Gaskets for different Folks!

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    Rich, I never referred to the Main Seal Kit.

I believe the original post #1 was asking about the cork strips where the pan arcs seal to the main bearing caps.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The Main Bearing Cap small side Gaskets are NOT part of the Pan Gasket Set, they are part of the Main Seal Kit, 2 different things.

They have been included forever, way back to when Brummer the Original Supplier, was making them but more recently some were supplied from FelPro without.

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    The recent kit for my 170-6 came from S-Int’l with the front and rear square cork strips, along with the side gaskets.

One of the toughest/stickiest jobs I’ve ever tackled. While I had the block out of the car, I should have flipped it upside down and let gravity have helped me “keep the corks in”!

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    You could buy bulk cork at an arts and craft store and cut your own.

Leave a comment:

• stude1964
    replied
    I had that issue with them as well. I got credit for the rear main seal and bought a seal from Phil Harris who had the correct rear main seal. Fel Pro doesn't doesn't supply that part. I have buddies who use sealer with no leaks.
    Rob in PA.

Leave a comment:

• Missing small gasket squares with oil pan gasket set

I got a new oil pan gasket set from Fel Pro and it does not come with the small cork squares. The ones that go in the recesses next to the rear main bearing cap under the pan gasket. What are most of you doing o seal this cavity? Thanks.
Working...
X