1949 Stude 3/4 Ton Pickup Back Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1949 Stude 3/4 Ton Pickup Back Glass

Does anyone have a back glass out of a '49 Stude pickup that they can trace a pattern on stiff paper and send the pattern to me? I am helping a buddy of mine restore his dad's '49 Stude 3/4 ton truck, and the only back glass we have for it was destroyed. We had the other glass all cut at a local glass shop, but we need a pattern for the back glass.
    We are in S.W. Missouri, so if anyone nearby has a cracked back glass we can use for a pattern I could come pick it up, or just trace around it on stiff paper. Thanks.
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    Robert Rausch

I have a back window from a 2R truck standing against the wall in my shop. I don't know the year. Were they all the same from '49 through '53? I'd be happy to make a tracing, and mail it to you if nobody closer steps up.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The glass that you have cut will be laminated. It will do the job, but all of the side glass, and back glass should be tempered. The back glass is all the same for 49 through 53, roughly 10" by 38".
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

For the record, the 1954 3R models also had the small back glass (but the one-piece windshield).
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Here's the truck, dusty because we haven't worked on it in a year, but I want to get started on it again. The opening is about 37-3/8ths by 8-1/2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	171236560.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1866804
          1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
          Robert Rausch

Comment

oooh purty.

Comment

Gordr, I sent you a PM.
              Robert Rausch

Comment

Thanks Corbenstein0 This truck lived a rough life. It was owned by a rancher who had four boys and two daughters, and the boys liked to drive the truck around their 400 acres, and bash it into young trees, and whatever else they wanted to destroy. It was pretty bashed up, but we also had a parts truck, and used some of the fenders off of it. The truck never had a back bumper, and that area was the most beat up. We found an NOS tailgate, and our body guy fabricated the valence panel below the tailgate from 18 gauge steel. He is a very talented body guy. He blasted and sanded the body down to bare metal, and rolled many of the fender dents out on an English wheel.

Name:	171240109.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1867063

Name:	171240105.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1867064
                Robert Rausch

Comment

Working...
                X