Jack Storage, '64 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Jack Storage, '64 Daytona

Can anyone tell me where the jack and lug wrench would have been stored in a 64 Daytona?

Wedged Between the Sidewall of the Tire and the Floor is how I have found many of them.
    One problem with that However, you would need a Ratchet and Socket to tighten it down and remove it and without that, you couldn't get the Wrench out! They must have been factory installed completely loose, but the Jack would leave enough room to slip the Handle/Wrench under.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trunk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1866619
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

As Rich said....from '64 owner's manual. Handle is just wedged in under tire. First thing out, last thing back. (Click on pic to enlarge)

Click image for larger version

Name:	jack storage.64.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1866641
      So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Thanks very much, that is what I was looking for. I have an owners manual and a shop manual order but haven't received them yet.

Comment

That Damn jack can ruin your bumpers. I’ll only ever consider using mine for a road emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
            That Damn jack can ruin your bumpers. I’ll only ever consider using mine for a road emergency.
            Isn't that what they are for? I certainly never use mine in the shop setting. Except when taking some of the body weight off the chassis, when the rear tire gets stuck in the wheel well, but never enough tension that it deforms the bumper. Many of my original cars came with deformed bumpers, thanks to previous owners road emergencies.

Comment

Working...
            X