Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960 Lark Headlight Switch Knob Removal ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1960 Lark Headlight Switch Knob Removal ???

1960 Lark headlight switch died and have correct new one now . This is the switch where the KNOB is held in place on the shaft with the crazy little steel spring clip . The switch does not have a way to remove the knob and rod together. I do not care to damage the knob or spring clip on the headlight knob , so I am asking for instruction as to how to
    release the spring clip . The knob does have the slot in it , and I can see the spring clip on the backside of it .
    Thank you for reading and thanks for the details !!! Joe in Tampa .

You need a tool like a thin-bladed screwdriver of pocket knife with a squared-off end. Place the tool in the slot, up against the root of the slot, and push directly in towards the shaft, while pulling gently on the knob. The shaft has a flat on one side, and the knob is installed with the slot facing that flat. The spring clip is basically "L" shaped, with the long leg going into a slot in the knob. The short leg of the "L" has a hole shaped like a mouse-hole in the Saturday morning cartoons, with the flat bottom of the hole at the corner of the "L". The round arch of the hole snaps into a groove cut on the round side of the switch shaft. Pushing a tool into the slot releases the clip from the groove, and permits the knob to be slid off.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

There seem to be a lot of new people on the forum asking the same thing and starting several posts.

It would be nice if people did not make duplicate posts as that tends towards confusion and gets in the way of delivering solutions.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I am still learning how to post on this great site and I wonder is you could grant me a pass on that this time Radio Roy??? Joe

Comment

Originally posted by tootie View Post
          I am still learning how to post on this great site and I wonder is you could grant me a pass on that this time Radio Roy??? Joe
          OK. No worries.
          Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-23-2020, 09:16 AM.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
          X