Trying to identify original interior parts 1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Trying to identify original interior parts 1950 Champion

Hi, first post on the site. I'm helping the wife of my late Father in Law with his Studebaker. With help from this Forum, I've determined it's a 1950 Champion with a code of 9G-F3. I ordered the production card online yesterday. Looking for any advice on which parts of the car appear to be original. I drove it to the shop today, and had basic maintenance service on it. Thanks!

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Lee! I hope you are planning to keep this Car in the Family.

I honestly do not see ANYTHING that would actually "Devalue" this Car as a 70 Year Old "Survivor"!

It looks very Original. of course it COULD have picky things improved like; Wider White Wall Tires to be period correct, and actual factory correct Reproduction Door Panels and Seat Material, that is almost impossible to find Nowadays.

So it does have incorrectly re-upholstered Door Panels and Seat Material, and very similar to original, Replacement Carpet and Headliner but overall, it looks somewhat Period correct, even has a Correct Studebaker Optional, Accessory Side View Mirror and a Rare Optional Clock.
    The Dash is all original with the Provisions for the optional Cigar Lighter, Radio and Speaker.

I can't see however what's been done to it under the Hood.

A Big Plus would be if it is equipped with the Optional Borg Warner 3 Speed Manual Overdrive Transmission.
    That could be I.D.'ed by a Chrome "T" Handle stamped O.D. on the Left of the Steering Column, near the Hood Release Handle and hot water "Heat" Control for the Heat and Defrost System.

Here's a few Brand New 1950's!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1950 Line.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1866087Click image for larger version

Name:	50's in SB new car lot.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	1866088
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>And this one Thanks to the Richard Quinn Collection.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-19-2020, 01:57 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi StudeRich, thanks for the reply, it was very helpful and had great info. Attached is a pic from the car's dashboard , they are labeled W, H, and OD. Thanks again

Comment

W = water = heater temperature
        H = hood release
        OD = Overdrive lock out
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
        X