Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalopynut
    replied
    Good info everyone! I chased down the leads and learned that they are called “button plugs”. And they are easy to find. Amazing how simply knowing the correct name gets you where you want to go. Now I have to decide if I want to actually use them.
    jim

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
    StudeRich Not sometimes leaked always leaked. Bad design.
    Well I do have to say that they were much improved on some Models.
    The Non-C or K Sedan Types from 1958 to 1966 do have Much better Seals on the TRUNKLID with a Drain Channel on the Body Opening.

So, IF the Channel is kept clear of Mud, Leaves or Debris, and the Hinges and Latch are still correctly adjusted, and the Car is not Parked Downhill, you SHOULD not have any leaks!

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    StudeRich Not sometimes leaked always leaked. Bad design.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Most Studes I have owned either had some, or all of them removed in the Low "Indentations" to allow the Water to drain. Not sure that the Factory even plugged all of them, depending on Year and Model.

Am I saying that the Trunk Seals "sometimes" leaked? That's affirmative your Honor!

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Check with a company called Dorman I think they make them also maybe Aveco.

Leave a comment:

• rbisacca
    replied
    Can't find in my parts books. Grainger has hole plugs that will work.

Leave a comment:

• Jalopynut
    started a topic Body / Glass: 1957 Hawk Trunk Floor Hole Plugs

1957 Hawk Trunk Floor Hole Plugs

As I approach the point of painting the floor of my car, I notice a fairly large number of holes measuring 7/16 to 1/2 inches in size. When I had earlier cleaned and sandblasted the body I removed metal “plugs” or caps that were in a few of the holes. At least two different sizes as noted were found. I need to replace these plugs but it is nearly impossible to find them in the parts book/manual. Does anyone out these in studelandia have part numbers for these plugs or know where I can find them? That would be very helpful! I am assuming that every hole in the floor had one of these plugs in them. Please let me know if I am correct in this assumption.
    Thanks
    Jim
Working...
X