No announcement yet.

What vehicle did my engine come out of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I don’t. Is it safe to assume a truck manifold from a 57 will bolt on and fit that Studebaker car engine? If so, I can always start looking. I know my father had a 259 stude engine that was a spare but I wasn’t able to move it back from out of state when he passed. Not sure if it was a car or truck 259.

Comment

Unfortunately I don’t have any spare parts but I found a 54-64 Stude truck water manifold and looks like it can be had for around $150.

Comment

Rich,
        I emailed you. I may have found what I need. Will that truck water manifold bolt up to the engine I have even though it’s a 289 Stude car engine from either a 63 lark or gran truismo hawk?

Comment

Sure no problem, Studebaker never could afford to change ANYTHING unless it was absolutely necessary.

You just need the 2 Upper Manifold Gaskets and the 2 Lower ones to swap them. But check and make sure it has the 4 Bolt straight UP Stat. Housing on it, if not THAT you can find easily, I think have some.

UPDATE: Now, I got your email, I was not looking there.
          I thought you found one at Home.
          Don't be fooled by any for sale that have ONLY the 4 Bolt Thermostat Housing, they are Older Car, unless they have the Angled Down from the Stat. to heads "Arms" they are NOT Truck.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 11-19-2020, 07:08 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X