No announcement yet.

Rockne Cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the parts catalog, '34 Dictator had an aluminum head. Cast iron head for a '35 Dictator would be Part # 184012.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1864778
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Hi Brad, I have found a Commander 6 head (1938-40) on the internet, cast number 191427. It appears to be identical to my Dictator head (182074) what location of cylinder head bolts and water ports is concerned. However, the combustion chambers have a different shape and the spark plugs are offset relative to the Dictator head. From what I can gather, the Commander has a slightly larger bore compared to the Dictator (3 5/16 inch vs . 3 1/4 inch ). Any idea if I can use the Commander head on my older Dictator engine when using the Commander head gasket? If so, how would that change the compression ratio?

Many thanks
      Hannes

Comment

They will NOT interchange. '34 -35 head is about 7 1/2" wide, and the later Commander is about 8". Just rough measurements.
        George Rohrbach

Comment

Thanks George, that clarifies the matter. All I need now is to find a fitting head.

Comment

Rockne parts for sale.

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/353818...omment-2134240
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X