Water Temp Pick Up 289?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Water Temp Pick Up 289?

Can someone enlighten me as to where the water temp pick up is on a 62 289? My water temp gauge has suddenly stopped working and I'm wondering if the wire got pulled off or something but I can't find the sensor.

On the very rear of the driver's side (LHD cars) head.
    Last edited by r1lark; 10-25-2020, 05:31 PM. Reason: Changed LHC to LHD
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      On the very rear of the driver's side (LHC cars) head.
      Thanks, I found an old post on the forum that cleared that up for me. I just got back from my Hawk and have it reconnected now. Thanks for your response.

Comment

All Stude V-8s from 1953 through 1964 had the sending unit on the rear end of the left head.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Has anyone ever tried relocating temp sender to a little bit more accessible place??? Almost have to pull the head to R&R it.

Comment

Yes ONE Plan is: a Member here got the Air Conditioning Water Manifold with a "Pad' on the left Arm of the Manifold for the heater Hose fitting and drilled and tapped it for a Sending Unit.

Of course you also can move it to the Right Cyl. Head like the "C" cab Trucks are, but there is not a Lot of room there either.

Personally, I have never had a problem removing that Rear Plate, replacing the Sender and reinstalling the Cover Plate. No Big deal.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 10-29-2020, 06:58 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It doesn't have to go on the left side, there is equal space on the right side, you just need a longer wire.

Comment

"Yes ONE Plan is: a Member here got the Air Conditioning Water Manifold with a "Pad' on the left Arm of the Manifold for the heater Hose fitting and drilled and tapped it for a Sending Unit."

That would be me. MUCH, MUCH easier to install/remove the temp sending unit...

Comment

Working...
                X