Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Hawk heater core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Hawk heater core

Does anyone sell new heater cores for a '60 Hawk? Or, does anyone know of a modern day core that can be jerry-rigged and made to work?
    Thanx, Yogi
    '60 Hawk

SI lists a rebuilt exchange core for your car. I do not know of a NOS one, but one probably exists somewhere in someone's stock. Good luck. I didn't realize how much they were bringing when I threw one in with one of the last Studebakers that I sold.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Long established radiator shops can still recore them.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

A good recore is a much better choice then and new aluminum knock-off. Your last one lasted sixty years, you could expect the same longevity for a quality recore. There are good used heaters out there, inspected and pressure tested most of these can outlive a new aluminum unit, the life expectancy of which is less then ten years.

Comment

Working...
        X