Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'61 Hawk oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: '61 Hawk oil pan

How can I identify a 6 qt. oil pan for a '61 Hawk? Also, which pans had the dipstick going into the pan rather than thru the block?- Jim

If you are talking about a V8, look closer!

There is a Lower Dipstick Tube, an Asbestos filled Copper Washer, and an Upper Dipstick Tube that are connected to the Oil Pan.

A '56 to '64 V8 Engine WITH an Oil Filter already holds 6 Qts. Five without.

You do not need a Larger Oil Pan that requires a Different Oil Pump Pickup Tube and Filter Screen Housing for a Street Driven Car.

A 6 Qt. Pan is for a '51 to '55 V8, IF it came from one, it is a 6 Qt. It is not "For" a '61.
    The Sump is Longer, a similar one, hand made is only for High Performance R3/R4 Engines but had many other "Special" Parts/Features on the Pans.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-13-2020, 08:47 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Just looking to replace the original on my '61. The one on my car was used as a lift point to jack the rear of the motor (not by me!!)and is dented and very spongy feeling. I have several to choose from, none marked. -Jim

Comment

Working...
      X