Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Emergency brake hand pull handle 1956 Power Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Emergency brake hand pull handle 1956 Power Hawk

Hello,
    I recently purchased 1956 Studebaker Power Hawk and am having trouble with operating the emergency brake pull
    handle. It will not pullout or rotate in anyway. Not pulling out I can uderstand if the cables are frozen. But I would think would at least rotate about 90 degrees to disengage the ratchet. Disengaging the ratchet is a habit of mine due to experience with older lever type emergency brakes like on a Model T Ford. Maybe not needed on a newer car.
    thank you.
    Larry Bean

Could be that the cable is wrapped around inside the housing or came the pin came off the post and allowed the cable to migrate. Make sure the cable from rear is free and work back toward the handle.
    Rob in PA.

Comment

The Pullback, (Return) Spring may be missing under the Car on the Lever near where the Cable separates to Left & Right Wheels.
      There is supposed to be a Spring to the Frame, if that is missing the Cable gets slack in it and a jamb happens.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
      X