• Show
Clear All

• mch
    replied
    Hunter, I sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• mch
    replied
    I recently received & had mounted all new tires from Diamondback. Both my 64 Avanti R2 & Hawk 64; full performance package, started with 2 complete sets; 10 tires , for both cars. The whitewalls could NOT be cleaned upon removing the blue paint. The white walls were either brown or yellowish. Then we switched to Cooper tires; also 10 tires, and went through 2 complete changes as the whitewall stayed brownish. So between Firestone Tiger Paw and Cooper tires, my tire dealer ordered and returned 40 tires. I wanted matching spares, so 40 changes.
    I am very very happy with the Diamondback tires.
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Original white wall tires on a '64 Hawk would have looked something like these Firestones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	firestone-670-15-ww1-568805.png?width=560&height=560&canvas=560:560&quality=80&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds.png
Views:	176
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1860694

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Originally posted by 50Ragtop View Post
    Diamond Back / dbtires.com. Much better reviews than Coker. Hankook tires are good too, don't let the name scare you.
    Just had a post in the last month about tires. Definitely a subject that just depends on the luck you have had. I have nothing but great results with Coker tires and have purchased several sets in the last couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by bensherb View Post
    I had 215-70 -15 tires on my GT, mounted on 6.5" wide '93 Ford Crown Victoria wheels. They fit the car perfect. I agree, the 1" white wall looks best on the GT.

Name:	20160510_104840.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1860568
    1963and 1964 (the car in question) Hawks had approximately a one inch wide stripe away from the rim. 1962 Hawks, as the one pictured, originally had a somewhat wide whitewall starting at the rim.

Leave a comment:

• 50Ragtop
    replied
    Diamond Back / dbtires.com. Much better reviews than Coker. Hankook tires are good too, don't let the name scare you.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    replied
    https://dbtires.com/
    https://www.wheelvintiques.com/

Note: If buying new wheels....have them balanced before installing the tires, most sellers will not honor returning the wheels if they have been painted or tires mounted.

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    I had 215-70 -15 tires on my GT, mounted on 6.5" wide '93 Ford Crown Victoria wheels. They fit the car perfect. I agree, the 1" white wall looks best on the GT.

Name:	20160510_104840.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1860568

Leave a comment:

• hunter stanley
    replied
    I’ll have to get some rims too I don’t have the factory wheels. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    I think the correct 1" whitewall 205-75 15 will fit if you have at least a 5" rim. In my experience most tire shops will not mount on anything smaller like a 4.5" Coker has an American Classic radial that will work, but they are pricey. The 1" whitewall width is a pretty common tire. I use Hankook.
    Last edited by abkco; 10-11-2020, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hunter stanley
    started a topic Wheels / Tires: White wall tire size for 64gt

White wall tire size for 64gt

What is the correct or best white wall tire for a 64 hawk. As close to factory as possible. Possibly from Coker tires. Anyone have any recommendations?
Working...
X