Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

tremec T-5 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: tremec T-5 conversion

Hello out there Hawk owners,I'm on a mission to install the Tremec T-5 into my 1961 Hawk and wondering if there is anyone attempting or has attempted this and would like to hear from them Thanks Jersey Hawk

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0653.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1860563 Which tranny do you want to use? I have done it in so many ways over the past 30 years.
    Last edited by Alan; 10-11-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Alan has showed us the way many times. A search will turn up dozens of threads, including links to vendors who sell turn-key kits.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Well I have the adapter setup from Fairborn Studebaker and have to fabricate a bracket for clutch z bar and find a speedo cable that will work. There is a boss on underside of the T-5 with threaded holes, I thought I heard a suggestion about supporting the trans with some sort of mount attached to crossmember. I think I can adapt the original equalizer bracket to tie in with the bellhousing mount. I'll appreciate any advice Thanks, Mike Earle

Comment

Here's Tom's writeup in an Avanti. It's excellent and should provide quite a few thoughts.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....nstall-how-to=

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X