Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Stuck Avanti hood help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brianbo View Post
    Not to be preachy, but this is a good time to remind those that park their cars for the winter to pop the hood and don’t set the parking brake. It makes for a better wakeup in the spring🙂
    This is especially true if they are parked for several years.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The buyer backed out. He made Joe an offer and then backed out after driving 6 hours to get here. I guess he was afraid it was a cream puff and someone else would get it first, but we would have sent pictures or answered any specific questions. We had not even had time to look it over completely or see if it runs. I figured he knew Avantis and saw something he liked. As I said, we are not Avanti experts.
      He ran the car down and then offered about what Joe has in it. We will part it out if it comes to that. Joe was originally expecting a parts car anyway.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Well 52 -fan.....put me down for 1 st in line for the wheels!! I don't believe you will have to part it out, it looks too good! But I want those wheels (or someone else's). Hang in there, this will turn out OK. Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089

Comment

The assumed buyer is now ranting on Facebook about coming to see the car. He is a vendor and I won't give his name, but some of the things he said are lies. I think he is angry because he was expecting to steal a cream puff. Joe is not trying to cheat anyone.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

One thing one should use to form his expectations when traveling to look at a car is the price. Some deals are better than others, but, generally, the car fits the price. For example, you're not going to get a restorable '54 Commander Starliner for $400.
            --Dwight

Comment

Howard, you better stock up on muscle rub and a back support for both you and Joe,LOL. Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
              X