X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

It was one of the blocks randomly chosen to get a full Inspection/Measurement, the Inspector's Number is in the Center of the Keystone.
    Cool. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
    What does the keystone signify?
    It was one of the blocks randomly chosen to get a full Inspection/Measurement, the Inspector's Number is in the Center of the Keystone.

Leave a comment:

• 1953champcoupe
    replied
    We are so blessed to have the ability to get questions answered (creditably I might add) so quickly!! I figured that it was the original engine when I disassembled the car, I am not getting any younger so this will be on the sales block very shortly, thanks so much for insuring that I was correct!! I've got a short block (real short, some of the pistons are missing) with a P63594 on the block pad that came with a 58 Hawk, looks like I need to get both of these ready for sale.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    What does the keystone signify?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I'll bet yours didn't have a Chev. Water Outlet with no indentation for the Thermostat in it, and a Original CARTER Fuel Pump Mike!

You'll want to hang on to That Original USA Pump Marv, it CAN be rebuilt better than ANYTHING you can buy New from Mexico or China.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-30-2020, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    It's a 1962 289. You can also barely see the keystone impression.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    I'll through one at ya...
    Except for the fan color, it's the spittin image of the engine in my 59 Lark.
    Well that and mine had an orange canister oil filter on it.
    Air filter assembly, the yellow rocker covers, (no breather tubes), intake manifold, etc., etc.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    That certainly looks like a '62 289. Yellow valve covers, bypass filter, no breather caps on valve covers. All consistent with '62. And the "P" code is 289 (except for '55 models).

Leave a comment:

• Unsure as to what engine was in this 59 Hawk

The engine and transmission was pulled from a 59 Hawk that I had purchased (along with a 58 Hawk) and I thought I should decode exactly what it is. I guessed that it probably was a 259 cubic inch motor but..........after looking at the chart (http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/V8EngineID.asp) it may be a 62 289 engine. OK folks here's a picture of the number on the pad, I read it as P81868, did I end up with a later 289 engine? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3207.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1859154
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3201.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1859155
Working...
X