INTERIOR PAINT COLORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTERIOR PAINT COLORS

I need to paint the interior of my 50 Champ in as original as I can. Does anyone know where I can buy the paint (or a close approximation)? All my others are a flat metalic grey color. Any help? Thanks.

Richard G. Allen, DO
    LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

I used an early Toyota grey metallic (1988-1992) on a '50 I restored many years ago.. I don't have the code handy, but you can take your glove box to the paint-store and find a close match. Have them leave out 50% of the metallic.
    I mix the basecoat, then add 20% clear (already mixed w/hardener), this gives it a dull gloss very similar to original, but it can be cleaned without discoloring.

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

If you can take a sample of the color...either as a chip of the original paint or a piece of the interior painted the original color, and take it to an automotive paint supplier. They can computer match it and mix it either as an aerosol or in a can. It's not very expensive but not as cheap as buying a pre-mixed can off the shelf. Maybe $10-$12 for an aerosol can but it is an exact match, not just close.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
      X