Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swvalcon
    replied
    Hope to get the car back in the shop right after the first of the year and paint what's needed to install interior, glass and put in and hook up the drive train so it's movable under it's own power.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Picked up the headliner and wind lace from upholstery guy( club member). Built first of the trim panels. Head liner will be bright white, wind lace dark gray, carpet dark gray, trim panel carpet on bottom ,bright sliver center and dark gray cord cloth on top. Factory molding between carpet and sliver and still need to find a bendable molding for between sliver and gray cord. then the top chrome molding will finish it off.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Rich they are perfect seats but they are a light silver. Somehow they just came out in the picture with that blue tint. Must be the lighting. Going to put in a medium gray headliner and windlace along with carpet. Dash and all interior moldings will be burl wood grain and panels around gauges and across the center of the dash will be polished Aluminum.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Wow, those SURE Look Cushy all right, and Blue Leather no less!

It certainly IS a shame how Nice things like this just go in the Scrap Pile and get crushed. .

If you had a Chrysler with a Nice Interior like that, and it got Vandalized, Slashed with a Knife or any number of things that happen Nowadays to Cars, your Insurance Co. would be Paying $3000.00 + to replace it with New IF they could find them.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-09-2020, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Found a guy about 2 hrs away that will Hydro print the dash and window and door moldings in Burl wood. Estimate is 100-200. So when I have everything sanded and Good heavy coat of Black epoxy primer on all of them looks like a road trip coming up.

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Awesome looking seats! you did a fine job with the swap. are your hands over the Hog Ring Plier Spasms yet? Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Finally got these to up load. I had to rework the rear seat frame using half Studebaker and half Chrysler and transfer the seat covers on the rear. But they fit in perfect. The front I will just have to do some work on the mounts and they will fit with room to spare. The driver is power but not the passenger and seeing as how these are from a 4 Dr and don't have a tipping backrest I'm going to set the passenger up like a Blazer and have the whole seat tip forward. You will have to get in the back seat from that side. Now to build up some trim panels that will match up to these seats and get a headliner and wind lace and I've got the inside covered.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Sometimes "the unknowing" try to put Lark Bucket or Split Bench Seats in a C or K Body, and although the Seats LOOK the same, they are NOT and do not interchange either way.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    OK, thanks. My seat is comfortable but it just doesn't line up perfectly with the other side. I'm being OCD here as no one else has ever noticed!

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Jeff all I have for stock seats are the frame work and looks like I will have to use the rear and install the leather cover and foam to it. Chrysler is to wide. Not sure if I want to sell the bucket frame work but will let you know if I do.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Don't know why you'd want to do that , but if you do do it then I'd be interested in the driver's side seat. Years ago somebody just bent the heck out of mine and tho I've tried to put it back , it still isn't quite right .

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Don't know about the Fifth Avenue seats, but I'm pretty sure a number of them have been done with Sebring seats.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    started a topic Interior: Gt hawk seats

Gt hawk seats

Has anyone ever tried to put mid 80's Chrysler seats in a hawk body? I'm getting the 60-40 front and rear seats out of a mid 80' Chrysler fifth ave for free from a guy whos hauling one to the scrap. They are sliver leather pillow seats and all electric and in perfect shape. Looks like by a tape measure they will be close but tight. I know if I have a shop cut down the width of the center arm rest on the 60% part of the drivers seat I can make it work but hope to not need that.
Working...
X