6 volt LEDs for dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 6 volt LEDs for dash lights

I just finished converting all my dash lights in my 54 Commander coupe to LEDs. These are 6 volt pos or neg ground and they work great replacing all the # 51 and 55 lamps including turn indicators. These are #1847 LEDs available from LEDlight.com. I can post pictures of what it looks like if there is an interest. The only snag in the installation process is you need to cut off the the little reflector tabs on the backplane of the dash as the LED is a tad longer and the socket wont fit back in with tab/ reflector in place.

I would love to see a picture if it's not too much trouble. I am considering the change in my 53 Commander Coupe [6 volt positive ground] . Thanks in advance.
    Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Ok ill get some pictures in the next day or two

Comment

6 volt LED replacements for dash lights

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	C90EF4B8-CD08-4331-B343-6A7C9D8F4D69.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	1859161

Comment

That's 'brilliant'!
            \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
            Jim Mann
            Victoria, B.C.
            Canada

Comment

How did you get them to work on positive ground? Can you buy them that way?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

These LEDs are 6volt and work pos or neg ground. My system is 6 volt neg ground for everything except the starter which is 12 volts

Comment

Working...
                X