Wiper Motor Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Wiper Motor Restoration

1953 Commander Coupe with 6 volt and positive ground electrics. Existing electric wiper motor works but not as well as it should (a Redmond ) unit. I have 4 spares that I am testing- 2 Redmond units and 2 American Bosch units. Each of the 4 have green, yellow, and black wires. The first of the 2 American Bosch units seems to work well with the green wire appearing to be the faster of the 2 speeds and with the yellow wire appearing to be the slower of the 2 speeds. I am thinking that the black wire goes to the switch. The 2nd American Bosch unit hums when run power to it but nothing more than that. Nothing at all from the 2 Redmond units. Preparing to disassemble the non-functioning 3. What should I be looking for? Any and all suggestions and/or bits of advice are welcome. Thank you in advance.
    Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Al: Studebaker International sells repair parts for these motors. I got a set of brushes for a Redmond motor. Watch for poor electrical connections, both internal and external. Also, lubrication internally may help. Good luck, MHS56

Comment

Thank you MHS56. I will give your suggestions a try.
      Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Working...
      X