Door glasses and window frames re-installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Door glasses and window frames re-installation

Hello, I am busy rebuilding a 1965 Cruiser.
    Unfortunately the painter removed the glass panes and frames from the doors. Now I cannot re-contact him to learn what exaxtly he did to disassemble.
    I feel a little stupid since I cannot puzzle out the correct procedure.
    Am having problems to reinstall the glass pane and the window frame onto the door.
    Does anybody have a description or video link how to do this job, especially the procedure to avoid damaging the new paintwork.
    Apparently there must be a specific twist to get the fixing bracket/s into the door structure.

Also: Can anybody give me a hint where a repair manual can be obtained?

Thank you from Germany. I am working on this car originating from Illinois.

Hello from USA!
    The '59-'64 Shop Manual is probably more complete than '65-'66 for the same Body Parts as '65/'66 but Both are.
    Available here:

http://www.studebakervendors.com/
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-16-2020, 12:47 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I fought my door window glass for an hour with no success then I decided to check the shop manual and it was very simply explained and I then did the job in 5 minutes, it is very doable.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
          I fought my door window glass for an hour with no success then I decided to check the shop manual and it was very simply explained and I then did the job in 5 minutes, it is very doable.
          Thanks altair. Sounds great! I bought a manual last night, it however does not contain the body parts (doors). Do you by chance have the opportunity to take photos of that part of your manual and email them to me please? henckert@gmail.com. Sorry to be so, but I am quite desperate. Thanks!

Comment

I had an electronic copy of that section of the shop manual and sent it to the above address. Hope it helps.

Mark

Comment

Many thanks Mark! I appreciate your helpfulness!

Comment

Working...
              X