Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1962 - 64 Rear Axle 4 Speed Axle Bumper bracket? Does anyone have a picture of one mounted & to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go-studebaker
    replied
    I have just ordered the main bracket from SI. They are $18.00 each.

They did not have the lower mount, but I can make it easy enough.

The problems with the hump occur when you have two people in the back seat and you give it some wellie..

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Originally posted by abkco View Post
    here are pictures of it mounted in my 62 Daytona that I am working on. Sorry, not for sale. I actually need a set too for a convertible that I am turning into a 4 speed Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper mount 1.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1856711Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper mount 2.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1856710
    Nice to know that people get on the gas hard on their Studies that they need the pinon snubber..

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Watch out for cracks in the floor where these mount. It would have been nice if the factory reinforced the mounting area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1856891

These just "Float" between the frame and trunk pan, hence the cracking of the trunk pans..

I will be drilling and bolting it to the frame.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Watch out for cracks in the floor where these mount. It would have been nice if the factory reinforced the mounting area.

Leave a comment:

• go-studebaker
    replied
    Hi Wayne,
    nice pickup on that score.

Thanks for the pictures abkco - That is a nice clean car on the under side. I have copied the pictures. As it won't be the hardest part in the world to fabricate if needed.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• waynedavey62
    replied
    Hey Greg,

It won't fit if you as running a rear stabilizer on your Hawk.

Regards,

Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The Bumper is probably common to Packard hence the Packard Part Number, I don't know what year though, that number is prior to 1955 Packard.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    here are pictures of it mounted in my 62 Daytona that I am working on. Sorry, not for sale. I actually need a set too for a convertible that I am turning into a 4 speed Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper mount 1.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1856711Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper mount 2.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1856710

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Greg, the Only best place the Bracket and Snubber can go is right above the Nose of the Diff. on the Floor Pan.
    All '62 to '64 "Y" Bodies and 4 Speed Cars have this:

1521-1 .433812 Bumper

1521-3 .1555093 Retainer

1521-7 .1555063 Brkt.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-16-2020, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1962 - 64 Rear Axle 4 Speed Axle Bumper bracket? Does anyone have a picture of one mounted & to sell

Hi Guys,
    I am preparing a 1962 Convertible that is a V8 4 Speed. It was formally a 6cyl manual car.

There is a rear axle bumper that goes above the diff nose from memory to stop the drive shaft rubbing the transmission tunnel under load.
    My old 62 Ragtop I had in Oz had one, but I cannot remember where it was mounted.

So can someone post a picture for me of one on a car ???

Does anyone have one they can sell me. Pictures of it are in the parts book as attached. I have the rubber but not the two piece mount.

Thanks
    Greg Diffen
    United Kingdom
    Attached Files
Working...
X