Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission Grounding Switch (Was: Engine Wire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Transmission Grounding Switch (Was: Engine Wire)

I'm struggling to determine the purpose and placement of the attached wire in the engine compartment of our 1950 Studebaker Land Cruiser. It's attached along the back of the firewall, and then left hanging in the space near the carb. Maybe someone can guide me to the purpose based on the end fitting.

Thank you,
    Dan Biddle
    Grove City, PA
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Wire.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1856033Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Wire End.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1856034
    Attached Files

That's the Anti-creep grounding switch for the automatic drive transmission. In 1951 it was mounted on the throttle bell crank . I guess in 1950 it must have been mounted on the idle linkage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	1856064
    Last edited by rockne10; 09-13-2020, 08:29 AM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	P9131118.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.5 KB ID:	1856067
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1856159.........

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Hi dbiddle - Welcome to the Forum. I've done a few things to improve visibility on your post. In future, please make sure to post technical questions in the Tech Talk channel, and choose an appropriate prefix from the Prefix dropdown that relates to your issue. Also a good idea to make your post title as verbose as possible (add the model and year of your car, etc.). This helps other help you, and also makes it easier for the next person searching for a similar solution.

Thanks!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the Forum tips. I'll try to do better in the future. I just posted another one under the Tech Talk forum (called it "Engine/Transmission Stall - 1950 Land Cruiser Automatic", so hopefully I've done better with that one. Thanks again,
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X