turn signal tell-tale lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: turn signal tell-tale lights

Just finished replacing turn signals tell-tale bulbs from super bright bulbs in my 64 Hawk. Took half a day. Left went in fairly easy. Right required removal of the seat, the electric back-up fuel pump switch, and the heater on-off lever. But it was worth it. This is the 4th GT Hawk I have owned and it the first time I've actually been able to see these little lights. Very nice. Thank you to someone out there for the info.

Wow, is the '64 that much different from the '62? I can and have changed mine several times by just reaching up to them, popping them out swapping bulbs an putting them back by braile. I've since moved my indicators to the top of the panel (same place but at the top) using self contained LED panel lamp that are held in by a nut (like a switch). But I still use the stock lamps for other indicators. I've changed the color of the bulbs three times (I changed the green lenses for a smoked ones and they shine the color of the bulb when lit. White and blue were too bright, now red) and never removed anything to do it , just reached in, took maybe 5 minutes. Though; I still haven't put my AC evaporator assembly back in. It might be more difficult with it in place.

Comment

I replaced the turn signal indicator bulbs in my '62 GT Hawk with "Super Bright LEDS". Wow what a difference. Now I can actually see the indicators light up during the day!
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I have XXL hands size 10 that are remarkably ill suited for working in confined spaces. Hence the need for 'exposure' Drove to town yesterday for a wheel alignment ; I could actually see the tell-tale lites in broad daylight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
          I have XXL hands size 10 that are remarkably ill suited for working in confined spaces. Hence the need for 'exposure' Drove to town yesterday for a wheel alignment ; I could actually see the tell-tale lites in broad daylight!!
          Me too, I wore a size 10 glove 47 years ago when I was in high school. 11-12 now can't get into a 10 anymore, my dexterity is however fading as I get older. For me working under the dash is always by braile, it's all too far away for my reading glasses and too close without them. The LED's really do make those indicators function though!

Comment

Working...
          X