Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks: Air adjustable rear shocks 1960 Lark two door convertible

Good morning all ,
    I read alot of old posts about this subject and I was wondering if anything has changed in the shock absorber world for Larks ???
    looking to add air bags or shocks to the Lark 1960 2 door to level load when towing small boat around Florida . Has anyone noted anything new on the market ??

thanks for the help today and in the not so far away past .

Joe in Tampa

The only thing which has changed is the Studes have gotten older. Your results may vary, but the Stude rear shock mount crossmember was never designed as a load carrying member. We've seen some rip out when air shocks or coil-over load levelers are used.

It's of course, load dependent and road dependent and how much salt and humidity the car has seen to this point.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

What you need is a Good New set of H.D. Five leave Rear Springs, a Car should not be towing over 5000 Lbs. so the tongue weight should not be all that much to need Air Shocks.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

thanks to both of you for the input , this is a 1000 lb 13 foot Boston whaler, my other two boats are 3000 and 5000 pounds and I pull them with my pick up truck, and Daniel at gabriel shock came up with an air assist shock part number 49215 Gabriel .needs a little spacer at the top to make it fit , and I gotta say the upper shock mount framework looks like it is brand new and quite sturdy , so I will give it a try . Daniel at gabriel tech number is 800-999-3903 , very nice and very patient man did great job for me , Thanks again .Joe in Tampa

Comment

Working...
        X