Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1961 Hawk Headliner

Hello,
    Looking for a headliner Kit & Windlace, you think that wouldn't be difficult, but I've had the run around from a couple of Companies (without naming any), always difficult
    when ordering Internationally. Found this company https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/...wl-woven-cloth, has anyone purchased a headliner
    kit or windlace from them, it says 1/2" for the windlace tongue, not sure if that's wide enough,
    also, looking at a kit from Goliners, but his Windlace is expensive.

regards, Cus
    sigpic

I used the headliner, but not windlace, from Automotive Interiors and it was good quality, shipped as they said and they were good to deal with. I used windlace from Studebaker International. It was as the original was in my 53. But they only have the wide tab in black and red. (1/2" not wide enough,,needs a strip sewn on) . Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76256.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1855065
    Here's the headliner while I was putting it in. Also notice the extra material on the windlace

Last edited by Flashback; 09-07-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

1/2" tab on the windlace is not going to work very well.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

I used the headliner from Automotive interiors on a 60 Hawk. It fit well, no problems. Also had them make up visors to match.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, is there any recommendations for Windlace, besides SI
          sigpic

Comment

I got my headliner and windlace from Rene at Southeast. Headliner fit great and tab on windlace was nice and wide.
            Wayne

sigpic

Comment

I can't contact Rene through the internet, I heard he wasn't well, I might try calling, not sure if he freights to Australia?
              Do you have a contact number for him, the website is no longer.
              sigpic

Comment

Southeast Studebaker - 865-525-6151
                3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Cus, look hard at a scrap of old windlass. you will find a small cord sewn into the tab next to the foam cord. this fits into a groove around the door opening and prevents the windlass from pulling out. the sheet metal retainer clips wont do it all, especially in a daily driver. been there done that! kinking the retainer clips so they get a better grip helps also. Luck Doofus

Comment

I have purchased windlace from SI and Rene. Neither have the small cord described by Doofus. I 100% agree with bending the sheet metal tabs so they bite into the windlace tab to hold it better. Even with the bend in the tabs I still have to push mine back into place on a regular basis. Mostly down near the floor. I guess we drag our foot across the windlace without realizing it.
                    Wayne

sigpic

Comment

I picked up windlace from Restoration Supplies in Windber, PA.. Had to had a little material to catch the tabs but good match of material and pattern. I sprayed mine to match my red in the '64 GT. Headliner came from Rene. Rene can be reached by phone at 865-525-6151. His schedule is dictated by Dr. appointments he told me.
                      Rob in PA.

Comment

We can supply you with a headliner, firewall pad, parcel shelf, etc.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X