Replacing Hawk bench with buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Replacing Hawk bench with buckets

So I have a 56 Hawk. The original bench is toast (and just sitting on the floor, no seat rails). I have a pair of later Hawk buckets now that I want to install. I keep reading that I need a spacer or extra bracket so the seats don’t lean over. Can anyone post a picture of said spacer so I have some idea of what to look for? Thank you!
    Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

On '62 to '64 GT Hawk Buckets, the bracket is a LOT more than a "Spacer", it's what I would call a "Saddle", it fits over the Driveshaft Tunnel to mount the inboard Legs of the Bucket Seats, but it also mounts the Console.
    Quite a Large Piece to Level Both Seats.

Oh, your Pic is another one of those un-viewable PhotoBucket hosted Pics. I don't think I will "Pay-up" to view it.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-25-2020, 09:59 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have one I removed from a 62 that I would sell.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

My '63 GT Hawk has two factory-installed wooden spacers under each seat's outer bracket, or the seats will not sit level. Jon Meyer sells replacement ones; pre-drilled for the bolt, 1/2" thick oak. Four required for two seats.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          On '62 to '64 GT Hawk Buckets, the bracket is a LOT more than a "Spacer", it's what I would call a "Saddle", it fits over the Driveshaft Tunnel to mount the inboard Legs of the Bucket Seats, but it also mounts the Console.
          Quite a Large Piece to Level Both Seats.

Oh, your Pic is another one of those un-viewable PhotoBucket hosted Pics. I don't think I will "Pay-up" to view it.
          I thought I removed all the photo links from here... what are you seeing that I can’t?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
            I have one I removed from a 62 that I would sell.
            I have a console, so I’d be interested in that! A picture of where it’s supposed to go would be good

Comment

Originally posted by Daan View Post
              So I have a 56 Hawk. The original bench is toast (and just sitting on the floor, no seat rails). I have a pair of later Hawk buckets now that I want to install. I keep reading that I need a spacer or extra bracket so the seats don’t lean over. Can anyone post a picture of said spacer so I have some idea of what to look for? Thank you!
              Hello... Do you still have the bench, con you send me a photo, i will be interested in buy it if its in good condition for restore (Mainly the internal structure and coil springs).. can you upload pics or send it PM?... thanks in advance for your answer...

Comment

I do have the bench still. Pretty much all I have is the internal stuff, the car sat outside in California since the 80’s with leaky windows... I will try to get usable pics of it. I have the backseat as well.

Comment

Working...
                X