Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Shaft: slip yoke 56j

Hello what is the slip yoke for the ultramatic 56j

There would be a Driveshaft Yoke at the rear of the Trans. but it would be a "Bolted Yoke" Type, NOT a "Slip Yoke".
    If you have the Car, you should have one and it would be very rare that one would wear out.

It is what it is, a Fixed Yoke.

In Packard speak a: "Flange, universal joint" 6480529 fits All '55 to '56 Ultramatics.

1955 to 1957 Studebaker Packard Chassis Parts Catalog Picture number: 0847B shown on Pg. 255.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-10-2020, 12:38 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes I know ,but JOE HALL say you can instald one piece driveshaft with slip yoke ,wath yoke is it´

Comment

PM him and find out. He may be the ONLY one in the world who would do that, and may know.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

There is a "Slip Yoke" in the middle of the 2 piece drive shaft. if you go to a 1 piece shaft you will need a slip yoke at the front. the shaft changes length as the rear axle moves up and down. lots of 4x4 vehicles have 2, in the front and rear shafts. usually at the transfer case end of each shaft. Luck Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by ybeaudry View Post
            Yes I know ,but JOE HALL say you can instald one piece driveshaft with slip yoke ,wath yoke is it´
            Joe has converted several of his Studes to GM transmissions and a one-piece driveshaft. I've not seen a TwinUltramatic slip yoke.

Jack Vines

PackardV8

Comment

Ok,now I understand the slip yoke is when he fit GM trans only. thanks. Yvon

Comment

Working...
              X