Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1961 Hawk wide bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1961 Hawk wide bucket seats

Hello,
    I have a '61 Hawk with the wide front bucket seats, the reclining hinge is just being held together with a bolt, so I'm definitely missing some hardware. Has anybody got a
    good pic & an idea where I could get the bits, in the manual, shows a leaver etc. I have the chrome covers but they need replacing.

regards, Cus
    sigpic

Studebaker International has all the pieces for that.
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

The '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog shows all the Hardware, Springs and Bolts etc. that belong in there, but if your seats were not the "Reclining" Type they do not interchange from Manual.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the replies,
        I'll contact SI
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
          Hello,
          I have a '61 Hawk with the wide front bucket seats, the reclining hinge is just being held together with a bolt, so I'm definitely missing some hardware. Has anybody got a
          good pic & an idea where I could get the bits, in the manual, shows a leaver etc. I have the chrome covers but they need replacing.

regards, Cus
          I believe all Australian assembled 1961 Hawks had non-reclining seats. You can adapt the recliner setup to non-reclining seats by fabricating mounting brackets and ordering a required parts. I have a set of seat frames here with complete NOS recliner parts and mounting brackets installed and ready for upholstery. PM me if you are interested.

Chris.

Comment

Thanks Chris,
            Could someone please post a pick of what a non-reclining seat bracket looks like on the door side,

regards, Cus
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X