windshield rubber, + glass 50 champ 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield rubber, + glass 50 champ 2 dr

hi, i need to replace this ,and rear window too. .. and vents. I note JCW sells "universal" rubber windshield channel, but does anyone reproduce this? what is story on divider bar, and repro glass? flat glass in general? anyone with good experience on someone supplying this this?

I need all glass, except two rear windows, replaced

http://www.champparts.com/catalog/
    They have everything you need great Guy. Tell him Anne sent ya.
    Name is Russ Jenks

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

hi Anne thanks for trying to help me. He lists nothing for this body, but i did send an email; I am hopeful... Thanks again, John

Comment

Studebakerparts.com has the rubber for front and rear. Front glass can be replaced by new flat glass, rear windows are curved and mine were good so can't suggest anything for them.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

thanks Bob..i already found him. Chuck has been very helpful this afternoon! he does not have door glass, but may source it before i need it.

What is the story with hinges on trunk? Rough deal? Really do not work well, not sure why. You have to push trunk lid corner down, not a very good fit,poor alignment. Makes me think of Dodge dart style J shaped trunk hinges; that lattice work thing is a trip and a half!

Nice job on your champion, I notice painted headlight covers. i have that problem, too

Comment

The side glasses can be made by any glass shop, don't try to buy old ones for more $.

I have had nothing but trouble with my trunk hinges and don't know why. 2 pair and both are sprung. One of the two pair had been on it since I was born and I've closed it thousands of times. Then they spring, and so do the new ones. I'm bummed and don't understand.

The left headlight rim is original, the right is painted chrome. The right one got itself into a wreck in high school and we replaced the whole fender. I like these as they are what are original and go with the trim level.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks again Bob..there may be a later hinge upgrade, as i am told some replacement part #s changed, may be an improvement . And, Anne, I apologize. Russ got back to me, has all of it , it was just not listed anywhere I could find. you are right! It always pays to ask, is the lesson there...So triple thanks, to all

Great site.....

Comment

Working...
              X